In some circumstances, fixed gas detection systems are appropriate; but they’re not always available, so area monitors can be used to measure up to six gases. These easily transportable, robust and waterproof units, often referred to as sentinel devices, extend mobile gas detection technology to a system with many flexible applications.
The task of area monitoring detectors is to protect an area in which one or more workers are active and to provide clear and visual and audible alarms in times of danger.
These may include:
- close to the entrance to confined space and low points within them
- within baffled tanks
- adjacent to or in open pipes
- inside enclosed areas such as compartments and chambers
- or any other location not influenced by a through draft
- within a hazardous area, next to potential gas release points
Scienco provide a full training programme on the use, positioning and selection of (sentinels) area monitors for customers choosing to purchase these devices.
For modern area monitoring the Dräger X-zone 5000, in combination with the Dräger X-am 5000 or 5600 gas detection instruments, can be used for the measurement of up to six gases and extends the portable gas detection technology to a unique system with many applications. (see the images)